2013年7月17日星期三

Tonight's Dinner Simple Stromboli

Pizza Dough & Cold Cuts Make A Great MealCold Cuts are great for sandwiches at lunch time. But wrap them up in pizza dough with some cheese and veggies and you've got a delicious dinner for now and later.

Every so often when I haven't planned my meals out ahead of time, I take a peek in my freezer. I have everything stuffed in there from frozen vegetables to pasta, to a package or two of chicken breasts. Sometimes I'll create something with the mishmash contained inside my icebox, but other times I'll find an entrée wrapped in tin foil that I made when I had a little extra time. Yes, finding an extra hour or two is rare, but it does happen occasionally. It's during these isolated moments that I'll take the time to make an entrée I can freeze, specifically for those days when I don't have the time to cook a big meal.

This Stromboli from Better Homes and Gardens was one of those great dinners I made and froze for a later date. See, what's great about a freezable dinner, is that it'll last at least a month in the freezer. Once you're finally ready for it, all you have to do is take it out to thaw and then stick it in the oven for a few minutes to heat it up. It couldn't be easier. And no one will know you didn't have the time to cook.

Simple Stromboli

Ingredients

1 tablespoon corn meal1 (14 ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough4 ounces thinly sliced ham1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)1 cup baby spinach leaves4 ounces thinly sliced turkey1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped1 egg, lightly beaten

Directions

    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with cornmeal; put aside.Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface. Carefully stretch or roll dough into a 13x10-inch rectangle. Arrange ham slices on dough to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Layer spinach and turkey on top of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese and olives. Starting from the long side, roll up dough. Pinch seam and ends to seal.Place loaf, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg. Using a sharp knife, cut slits in the top for steam to escape. Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.Once cooled, wrap loaf in foil and place in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze for up to one month. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the foil-wrapped loaf on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.

>>More Tonight's Dinner Recipes

没有评论:

发表评论